moonlightdragon.freeforums.org

It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:01 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to moonlightdragon - a Sims 2 community

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

NEW: Registering is now by E-mail activation, so make sure the E-mail you sign up with is valid.

If you don't recieve a mail with your username and password, or the welcome mail, please read the info in the "new users" sub-forum, here.

Post subject: WIP (work in progress)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

(Making a topic for all those currently in progress stuffeths that's lurking about in my project folders)

Been working on some medical gear lately, and did this one (Hickman/central catheter) a while ago:

So this thing happened... I swear the plan was to just add a third tube, but creativity got the better of me. So now I've got two different (as soon as the other one is ingame, that is - probably still needs some tinkering).

(and again, for some absurd reason, the mesh looks great in Max and MS, but is misbehaving ingame, smoothing parts I put smoothing groups on, and making other parts dark. I have no clue what the game is up to, but this is getting annoying. Usually, what comes out of MS is what shows ingame... Might be because I've tinkered a bit too much with it in ways one of the programs doesn't like. Fortunately I do have a trick up my sleeve that works in most cases. Too bad I'll have to redo all the MS work... :annoyed: Anyway, my regular fix didn't work, so I had to try something different - and that worked! It did add to the vertex count, but at least the mesh doesn't look weird now. It fixed a couple of other issues, too)

Please don't PM me with WCIFs or requests.

Post subject: Re: WIP (work in progress)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The IV is coming along nicely, too :biggrin:
(this is witout the needle part - because the needle gets removed after the cannula is in - might make one in a wrapper, for deco purposes).

Still have the bandage, some parts (the wing-thingies on the side), some UV-mapping and the actual fitting onto sims left. Probably going to remove some polys (for being so small it is a bit high poly, somewhere around 2000 square polys, maybe?), since some parts aren't even particularly visible.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:18 am 
Social Bunny
Social Bunny

These look so nice!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:09 am 
Mini-Mod
Mini-Mod

Wow the new Hickman and the IVs look really nice so far! I'm pretty excited!

~Find a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. For my nephew, it's not too late!~

Chronic Illness SpoonMaster, fighting POTS one spoon at a time. Go Teal!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I do have some work left on these, but so far so good :)
It's just one mesh with all the parts separately recolorable, so it's possible to mix and match the parts. There's a cork (the white one) and a connector piece (blank) for IV-lines for the lumens, so they can be "disconnected" or "connected" to an IV-line.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:40 am 
Mini-Mod
Mini-Mod

Looks great! I have to admit I've never seen one with an X-shaped attachment before...

Spoiler:
I can't get photobucket to resize these and I'm not about to spend another 30 minutes reuploading resized ones so I'll just link to these...
http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/colli ... n.jpg.html
The one of just my arm you can see the part that's inserted, the clamp, and then it stems off in a tube that looks almost exactly like what you have pictured for the NG tube ends, and then you would hook the IV into that, and each IV has yet another one of those somewhere up higher on the line, where you'd connect the second and third and fourth bags, etc... Toward the bottom of that photo you can see (although it blends in with the gown) the second tube thing, with nothing attached to it (I was just on a bolus in this photo)
http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/colli ... v.jpg.html
The one with my face is a bit better of a view, where you can see the first tube connected, and then a second tube feeding into it, although admittedly its still hard to see. (The bolus first and the regular timed saline bag second.)
Just wanted to show you what I'm used to.
Also I learned last time I went to ER that they do it this way so that whatever drugs they push/hang will mix together before they enter the bloodstream, and almost always with a fluid drip as the closest to you. When they push steroids they do it slowly through the fluids because if they push too quickly it burns like the fires of a thousand suns.

~Find a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. For my nephew, it's not too late!~

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's modeled after one I have at home, from a practice session at school (we were dry-training in putting on the bandage, and I just left the entire thing on until I got home instead of throwing it away at school). The attachment is called a 3-way (or 2-way?) extension tube, and the white thingy with the arrows is the open/close device. Arrow means open, the "broken" part is "closed". So it's really closed all the way in the mesh, I just didn't bother making several different meshes. I don't think anyone but me would bother with the details, anyway...

The extension tube is great in that there's less fiddling around with trying to keep the IV-line closed when connecting or disconnecting tubes, since you can close the lines before opening the corks. If you only have the plastic needle in, trying to rearrange tubes can quickly turns into a bloody mess, no pun intended. There are a lot of different types of attachments, but I just made the one I had a real-life model for.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:43 pm 
Mini-Mod
Mini-Mod

So essentially it's just a different form of a clamp? Here they just squeeze the clamp to prevent the blood from flowing backward while they disconnect or change tubes, and if you wear no tubes then it's just clamped shut all the time. And then, of course, they flush it three times as much as if you were to have a running line (my least favorite part.) :saddy:

I wonder if any hospitals around here use those? Most of what I've seen from support groups are the same clamp that we have (and most people with my illness get frequent infusions and even have Ports and PICC lines, so they love to share pictures of all their pokes...)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There are a ton of different types, some with an extension tube and others without, and with room for 1-3 iV lines (maybe even more). Central lines/PICC lines usually have different clamps.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A sort of collaboration project from GoS

small

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]