moonlightdragon.freeforums.org

It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:01 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to moonlightdragon - a Sims 2 community

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

NEW: Registering is now by E-mail activation, so make sure the E-mail you sign up with is valid.

If you don't recieve a mail with your username and password, or the welcome mail, please read the info in the "new users" sub-forum, here.

And the winner should be...?
Poll ended at Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:59 pm
Error 404 57%  57%  [ 13 ]
Theloveantidote 22%  22%  [ 5 ]
SparkleSim 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Katie 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 23
 Post subject: Kindergarten 101
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kindergarten 101

Title: Kindergarten 101
Area: Picture taking
Sims area: Sims 2 only
Multiple Entries Allowed: 2 entries allowed
Ages: Babies and toddlers, any species or gender. Babies have to be 'live', so NO deco babies.
Picture editing: Everything in the picture must be ingame. Basic photoshopping and basic adjustments are allowed (such as thin and simple frames, sharpening, cropping, brightness/contrast). It can't have a photoshopped look. Ask if unsure.
Difficulty: *starsilver* to *starsilver* *starsilver* (requires some creative posing)
Picture size: Pics may be no smaller than 600 by 430, and no larger than 600 by 600 (you can add an extra link to a bigger one if you want, but no larger than 800x800). Preferably horizontal format.
Custom, Pay Site, and User Made Content allowed: Yes

Contest Dates:
Entry dates: Contest ends June 1.

Rounds: One
Pictures: 8-9
Entries per contestant: 1-2

Prizes:
- Baby and toddler items
- For 1. and 2. place
- (will be given out much faster than the last time, I promise!)

Judging:
- by poll
- From the last day of entries and one week forward.

Requirements:

1-2 kids are already enrolled in or about to start kindergarten (or any type of day care or play-school for kids below school age).
These 1-2 kids are the main focus, so one or both have to be in every single picture.
If nothing else is said, you can choose which of the kids to show in which pictures. Try to even it out a little. Each kid should be in minimum 3 of the pictures.
If you use 2 kids, they have to be siblings. You can use only babies or only toddlers, or one of each.
You can also use other babies and toddlers as other kindergarten kids for your pictures. No child sims.
Adults can be used as parents or kindergarten personnel.
Add a picture explanation or a few lines of storytelling to each picture.
Creative posing, matchy colors, good lighting and balance in the pictures are big plusses.

Please clearly mark the pictures with numbers.

Note: I've used the word 'kindergarten' for simplicity, not necessarily for the accuracy of the word. Between day care, preschool, kindergarten, nursery school, play school, play group, private nannies that runs day-care services for smaller groups of children, or any other term for "place where babies or toddlers can be when their parents go to work, and perhaps learn something while they're at it", pick whichever version you want for the contest, and feel free to show your country's version of it, or the version your sims carry it out. Maybe you even want to show how day care is carried out in distant galaxies, or perhaps back in the 1800s, or far into the future. Either way it's meant to be babies and toddlers, so around 1-4 years of age (kids tend to look a bit older, anyway).

Picture 1 - Portrait:
- One picture of the kid(s). If you use two kids, both have to be in the picture.
- Should be a somewhat close-up picture, so we see their faces clearly. This is so that we'll get to know them.
- Add name and age of each of the kids, and a few lines about their personality and favorite things.
- Background setting should be simple, such as in front of a wall.
Examples: Not much further away than this, close-up.

Picture 2 - First day of kindergarten:
- One or both of your kids are starting kindergarten, or you can give a flashback picture of how the day was back when they started.
- Maybe they threw a tantrum? Did they want to go home? Were they shy? Did they love it right away?
- Can be taken at home, on the trip to kindergarten, or in the kindergarten area.

Picture 3 - Group shot:
- Choose one of the options below (you can use the other as one of the freeshots if you want to)

Option 1 - Play group picture
- Picture of the play group (or similar) they're in.
- Should feature the main kid(s) and at least 4 additional kids, plus 1-2 teachers or assistants (adults).
- If the kids are in different groups, pick one kid's group.
- Should be a lined-up photo

Option 2 - Best friends
- Picture of one or both of the kids, plus 1-3 of their best friends.
- Either a lined-up group picture where we can see all faces, or all of them doing something fun together.

Picture 4: Play-time outside
- Should be on the outside playground area in the kindergarten.
- Maybe show us their favorite outside activities, or just playing together in an outside setting.
- Maybe they're monkeying around in the jungle gym, or making cakes in the sandbox, or racing around on three-wheelers?

Picture 5: Look what I made and worship it!
- Proud art project in the works.
- Can be the middle of making it, making a mess out of it, or perhaps showing it off to someone.

Picture 6: Getting in trouble
- One or both of the kids getting in trouble on the kindergarten grounds.
- Maybe they got stuck in the slide? Can't come down from a tree? Made a mess? Got dirty? Lost their favorite toy?

Picture 7a+b:
- 1-2 freeshots.
- Can feature meal-time, baking or cooking together, being outside or inside, nap-time, group-reading, singing, learning, or any other thypical activity for a kindergarten.

Picture 8: Bye-bye!
- Showing off the kid(s) saying good-bye for the day.
- Maybe they throw a tantrum? Do they insist on hugging everyone? Do they want to stay longer? Do they always show off today's proud creation?

Contestants:

There's a limit in the poll for 15 entries, so be quick!

1. Error 404
2. Theloveantidote
3. SparkleSim
4. Katie

Please don't PM me with WCIFs or requests.

Post subject: Re: Kindergarten 101
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:05 pm 
Lurker

I've never done a contest before, but I totally want to do this one! I'll see what I can create, hopefully I'll make some nice pics ^-^

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:37 pm 
Mini-Mod
Mini-Mod

Hm, odd, personally I would consider toddlers and infants as preschool age or younger and children as kindergarten age... (just me wondering aloud, though.)

Unfortunately I won't be able to enter myself, because I highly doubt that I will have my computer and games and CC installed by March 15th (but I'm hopeful!) I look forward to seeing everyone else's entries!

~Find a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. For my nephew, it's not too late!~

Chronic Illness SpoonMaster, fighting POTS one spoon at a time. Go Teal!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm not quite sure which term is the correct one.

We've got a mix of kindergarten (it's the closest word when translated from German, but not sure if they're actually the same) and day care as an all-in-one solution, where kids can start when they're about 1 year old, and go until they start school at about 6 years old. They're often parted into groups of approximately 1-3 and 4-6 years of age. There's often some pre-school activities in the older groups (learning ABCs and numbers and such, and slowly preparing them for school), plus there's often pre-school groups at the schools at around 6 years. Or so it was when I grew up, anyway.

Between day care, preschool, kindergarten, nursery school, private nannies that runs day-care services for smaller groups of children, or any other term for "place where babies or toddlers can be when their parents go to work, and perhaps learn something while they're at it", pick whichever version you want for the contest, and feel free to show your country's version of it, or perhaps you even want to show how day care is carried out in distant galaxies, or perhaps back in the 1800s. It's meant to be babies and toddlers, so around 1-4 years of age (kids tend to look a bit older, anyway).

So when do you get your computer, Katie? Judging by the usual lack of entries until the last 2-3 weeks or so, I don't mind giving you a couple of extra weeks if you need that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:54 pm 
Mad Poster
Mad Poster

The term Kindergarten and the age of the children attending depends on your country. I know in the US it's the start of school and the children tend to be anywhere from 4-6 as I've seen terms like 4K and 5K.
here in Australia Kindergarten is for younger children age 3-4 and Prep is for 5 year olds. It's simply the label that has changed not the content, it doesn't mean 3 year olds are doing US Kindergarten work, it's simply Pre-school but called Kindergarten.

I might have joined, but that's a lot of photos for those of us who hate to stage.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I put up a mini version for those who'd like fewer pictures. They're separate, so you can enter one or both, but please only put in 1-2 entries altogether.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:59 pm 
Mini-Mod
Mini-Mod

Not that I'm saying its incorrect, I just find the difference intriguing. :-)

I'm hoping for sooner but hopefully April (with some tax refund money.) A friend of mine has a computer that I might get to use until then but I'm still unsure if it could handle the game and EPs and CC, but I'll certainly try!

~Find a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. For my nephew, it's not too late!~

Chronic Illness SpoonMaster, fighting POTS one spoon at a time. Go Teal!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:32 pm 
Mad Poster
Mad Poster

Ooh, another contest! I don't know if I'll get into this one seeing as I don't have the sims 2 installed currently on my new computer and college has been taking up every bit of my time lately, but I hope I can make the time (I really miss the sims :( ). I have an elementary school I made backed up from when I was last trying to take pictures for one of my stories, so if I do enter at least that'll make it a bit easier

I've recently started writing, so come over and check out my new story: Holding On or my Sims mini story: My Name is Kaylin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:24 am 
Social Bunny
Social Bunny

Contest Submission - Error 404

Picture 1 - Portrait:

Noticing that he is now the centre of attention, the little blonde stops fidgeting and gives a wide grin. He tilts his head at up at you in curiosity. Before you can properly acknowledge him,or tell him not to talk to strangers, he bursts into an introduction with childlike enthusiasm, eager to make a new friend.

''Hi'yah. I'm Rowan,'' he begins bouncing in place,”What's your name?” Before you can answer, he continues babbling.'' I'm going to school today..My brother and sisters go to school.. I can go too cause I'mma big boy now...See?...Look at my backpack! Look!!” He does a wild spin to show you his back before continuing,''it got dinos on it!..I picked it out all by myself!..I loove dinos cause they're big and go like this—RAWR!!” To prove his point, the child begins to growl and stomp about. Soon he stops, giggling at his own joke. He turns back to you with an eager expression, “That what a T-Rex says when he's hungry...don't be scared.. I'm not hungry now so I wont eat you..plus nice dinos don't eat peoples..” A sudden smug look drifts across his face,his hand raised for emphasis, “Daddy let me have TWO whole bowls of cereal today..Does your Daddy let you do that?..with marsh-lellows?..I ate it all up!..tha' wed ones,I like dem best,..tha' bluue ones..tha' lellow ones..” Rowan wrinkles his nose as he continues, “not the gween ones..I dun like those ones..Andy told me that they can turn'yah into a frog if you eat 'em..an' he knows lots'a stuff..Violet said that was dumb..an' I told her she was dumb..You're not supposed to say words like dumb cause it's a bad word.. but I said it anyways cause I was really mad...n' I wasn't sorry neither. Mommy put me in the corner for five whole minutes...and then--” Rowan stops his storytelling as he hears a voice down the hall. “Ugh-Ohh..”

“ Rowan?!..There you are...I've been looking everywhere for you Rowan Brezlin! You know you shouldn't run off like that.” Miss. Denise, the pre-k teacher,says in slight exasperation as she looks over at the child. With a small relieved smile, she stretches out her hand to him, “ Come on..No more hide and seek okay?..I have another game for you to play ..”

“Can it be tag!? ” And with that Rowan races over to his teacher,sparing you a backward glance and a wave. “Byeee!”

Rowan takes his teacher's hand as she leads him to the playroom, looking up at her with a wide grin.

“Hey Miss. Denise...Daddy let me have TWO whole bowls of cereal today..”

Rowan Facts:
He did in fact have two whole bowls of cereal today
He's a little chatterbox
He's very friendly and energetic
He loves attention
His favourite colour is red
His favourite game is tag or anything that involves running around
When he isn't a boy..he is a dinosaur.True Story.
He knows his ABCs, 123s and Mommy's cell phone number. He frequently recites all three to everyone he meets.
He is the reason Mommy will have to change her cellphone number.

Picture 2 - First day of kindergarten:

“Moommy...” Rowan whines as he pokes the sleeping woman's cheek.

“Mmm..yess baby..” Charlotte's eyes remain closed, her half asleep mind barely registering the weight that was now on top of her.

“I made lunch and I have my backback!...”

“Mmmhmm...that's nice sweetie” Before she can drift off again, she receives a rough shake to the shoulders.

“Mommy,Wake up! I'm gunna be late for school..”

She can only sigh as she turns her head to briefly eye the alarm clock on the light table. What is it with small children and early mornings? Turning in bed, she groans and gives the man lying next to her a smack on the chest. “George...”

A grunt was her only reply.

She nudges her husband again. Her voice muffled against the pillow. “George...go deal with your son..”

“ My son?..He wants you..not me”

“Well then MAKE him want you...”

George grumbles as he shifts in bed and looks over at the bright eyed boy sitting on top of his mother.

“Go to bed Rowan..”

The boy pouts and shakes his head.

“--but--but..I can't...I'm too e'cited to learn Daddy..”

George sighs. He hoped pre-k taught kids how to tell time.

“Well you can go be excited in your own bed..Come on..”

Rowan frowns and clings to his mother as his father begins to sit up.

“Nooo!..I want Mommy to take me..”

George pauses then lays back in bed, smirking triumphantly at his wife's glare.

“ Told you..”

Charlotte sighs and finally sits up, turning her attention to the child,who was now bouncing in her lap.

“ Look Mommy..I'm all ready for school..”
Charlotte gives a small, tired smile and strokes her baby's hair. The kid was lucky he was cute.

Picture 3 - Best Friends

I didn't put them in a line but atleast you can see the faces. Since you know Rowan. The other two sproglets are Mara-Jade Ulrich and Yuen Lee.

Mara: Guys!..Let's make a tower..but first I gotta stand on your heads...Okay?. :D
Yuen and Rowan: Okay!!.. :D

Picture 4: Play-time outside

Denise decides to keep the kids busy with bubbles and chalk. It's the CLEANEST and SAFEST outside activity she can think off for the kids right now.

“Miss. Denise..Can I drink this?..”

Denise stares wide eyed at the boy waving the bubble wand with a mischievous expression. Or not.

“Rowan!!.. NO!!..”

Picture 5: Look what I made and worship it!

“Tahhh—daahh!!..” Rowan grins as he proudly displays his newest art piece. Almost leaning over the chair as he sees his teacher.

“Look Miss. Denise!..I drew Mara! See?!..Isn't she buu—tii-full?!..”

“He did!..He did draw me!..” Mara chimes in, displaying herself for comparison. Clearly, she was proud of her friend's masterpiece. “ It looks just like me!.. I'm gunna show my Daddy when he comes!”

Denise smiles in amusement as she watches the two.

“It's very nice Rowan..Good job”

Rowan beams proudly at her praise and Mara looks quite pleased as well as she kicks her feet.

“Rowan!..It's my turn now...I wanna draw you next”

Denise chuckles as Rowan quickly thrusts the picture at her, mostly likely to place on the wall for display since it was already pre-taped. Shaking her head, she looks at the picture in amusement. She wandered if Mara's Daddy would have a few questions about why this young man had decided to draw his little daughter topless.

Picture 6: Getting in trouble

“BOYS! ..What happened?!..”

Denise freezes in horror as she surveys the disaster area. The boy's restroom was flooded. She had just looked away for a minute.

She REALLY hoped that it was NOT toilet water.

“He did it”

“He did it”

“He did it”

Denise looks from the three guilty boys to the ring leader sitting ,practically naked, in a boat. He gives her a sweet smile.

“I did do it ..Miss. Denise.”

Atleast he was honest. Denise silently counts to ten.

“Rowan.. where are you clothes?!”

Rowan laughs as he splashes the water near his feet.

“I took 'em off..” He giggles and then adds, “You can't swim with clothes on...everybody knows thaat..”

Denise sighs. It was going to be a verry loong day.

Picture 7a: Playing Pretend

(Note: I know that's not all Mom's do..it's just a child's imagination. Just adding this just incase anyone is offended by Emma's generalization)

Emma stands with her hands on her hips as she instructs her new playmates.

“Yuen...you're the Daddy...so you have to say 'Bye honey' and then go to work...I'm the Mommy.. so I'm gunna stay home n' do Mommy stuff and take care of the baby..Rowan..you're the baby so you have to put this bib on..then I'm gunna feed you some milk..”

Yuen smiles and does as Emma says.

“Bye honey!”

“Not Yet Yuen..You have to shave first!.”

“Oh..Yeah..I forgot..”

Rowan frowns,wiggling in his “crib”. This is why he didn't want to play with Emma. Her games were soo boring. He should have atleast have gotten to be the Daddy. He could shave too..he'd seen Daddy do it tons of times.
“ I don't like milk..and I don't wanna wear a bib.”

“You have to cause that's what babies do..Now put on the bib!”

“NO!”
“Emma?..”

Emma turns to Yuen who is sitting in his “car”.She was now getting frustrated.

“What?”

“What do Daddies do at work?..”

Emma sighed in annoyance at Yuen's clueless expression. Did she have to do everything around here?

“I dunno..just go over there and..and make a tower with those blocks..”

“Emma..I don't wanna be a baby anymore....Can I be the dog ?..”

“NO!”

“Why?”

“Cause you're a boy and boys can't be Dogs!”

“It's just pretend..”

“ I don't want a dog!! We're playing baby..so there!..”

Emma stomps her foot and folds her arms. She DID not want a dog-baby..she wanted a baby- baby. Rowan was just messing up her game and she didn't like it at all. This is why she didn't like playing with boys...they ruin everything.

“ But dog's are really fun and you can play with them, and they can lick you and chase the mail man..Yuen..you can be the mailman..And I can chase you”

“Yeah!!..” Yuen looks at Emma who is glaring at them both. He didn't want to upset her but Rowan's game seemed more fun. “It'll be fun Emma..”

Emma huffs and looks away.

“I don't wanna play with you boys anymore!”

Rowan doesn't seem to mind.

“Let's get Mara!..She can be the dog catcher and chase me too!”

Even though the boys made her mad. Emma still didn't want to be left out. Scuffing her slipper against the tiles she looks over at Yuen and Rowan.
“ Can I be the Mommy dog?..”

Yuen grins while Rowan looks slightly disappointed that she decided to join them but they both agree.

Once again Emma thrusts out her bib.

“--but Mommmy dogs needs baby dogs Rowan...I'll be a real good Mommy..promise..”

Rowan agrees that he'll wear the bib ONLY for a little and Emma thinks that maybe boys aren't so bad after all.

Picture 7b: Naptime

Denise allowed the kids to act out their story before naptime.Needless to say "Dragons Vs Astronauts Vs Fairies Vs Ballerina Princess Doctors" will always be remembered as a classic.
A few of the kids refused to take off the costumes after and Denise was never so happy to see sleeping children.

Picture 8: Bye-bye!

“Oww Emma! ...you're on my foot!”

“Saige moove over!!”

“Hey!...I'm gettin' squished!”

“Get off meeee Yuen!!”

“I can't!..I'm stuck..ungg!”

“Shh!!..They're commin'! Hide!”

Denise pretends not to notice the group of children under the blankets or hear when Rowan and the other whisper a not so quiet good bye to Mara, who was not quick enough to hide with the rest as her Daddy was early.

She also pretends not to hear Rowan's loud whisper to the other kids.

“They'll never find us.. an' we can stay here forever..”

Denise smiles. Atleast she did a few things right today. It wasn't perfect but there's always tomorrow.

That is the end of my entry. I had alot of fun making it and I hope you guys will enjoy my babies like I do.
Please tell me if there is anything wrong and I will make the necessary changes.
I figured since nobody has submitted yet, I would start things off. I'm looking forward to all the other entries.Thanks Guys. :smileyz:
And since I didn't make any of the meshes...Thanks to all the creators who help make our games awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great entry, and very funny!

I hope we get some more, people. I've given you a couple more weeks in case you need that :smileyz:

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]