moonlightdragon.freeforums.org

It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:00 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to moonlightdragon - a Sims 2 community

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

NEW: Registering is now by E-mail activation, so make sure the E-mail you sign up with is valid.

If you don't recieve a mail with your username and password, or the welcome mail, please read the info in the "new users" sub-forum, here.

Post subject: The most Important Thing: Chapter 1
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:30 am 
De-lurker

This was me at just under 36 weeks Pregnant I was getting excited and impatient to meet my baby, we already knew that we were having a baby boy and had decided to name him Logan.

Things changed suddenly and the next few days were a blur. I had been to my Midwife appointment were she told me that my blood pressure was high and that I had protein in my Urine so I needed to go and be monitored at the hospital to be checked for pre-eclampsia. Once we got to the Hospital they decided to keep me in so over the next couple of days I was monitored pretty much non stop.

The day before I turned 36 weeks I hadn't felt Logan move since the day before so I was sent for an Ultrasound which confirmed that he was doing fine.

The next day I woke up feeling really unwell and was moved to the delivery ward to have one to one care. They decided to induce me but I had a reaction to the pessary and contracted non stop without actually technically being in labour for 6 hours. I knocked my self out on gas and air and then I eventually relented and had the epidural (Jack couldn't stay for that bit, thank god for my Mum).

When the checked me again I still hadn't dilated past 2 cm so they broke my waters and that is when panic ensued. There was blood and a lot of it, they decided to rush for me and Grade 1 Emergency Cesarean Section.

I remember feeling them pulling around and then the feeling of them pulling out but the thing I remember most was him not crying...

Last edited by DaniJade456 on Sun May 14, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: The most Important Thing: Chapter 2
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:07 pm 
De-lurker

I was taken to recovery and Logan was taken to the NICU. I was soon told that he was doing fine but had Hypoglycaemia which meant he needed a Glucose drip and should be fine in a few days, I asked when I could go and see him and was told I had to wait until a Doctor said I was strong enough. We had decided that his full name would Logan Peter Alex Shoebridge. Peter after my late Granddad and Alex was after our very close friend (Logan's godfather)

Finally at around Five O'clock in the morning I was taken to see my son. I sat there as long as I was physically able. Logan was so perfect it was unreal, I had and still have never seen a more perfect baby. I couldn't stop looking at him and longed to pick him up so badly and so did Jack but as it was late only one of us was allowed to hold him so Jack let me hold him.

I was forced to go back about Thirty Minutes later as my blood pressure still needed monitoring as there was still a risk of an eclamptic fit so I gave him kiss and reassured him I would be back soon and then I was wheeled back up to recovery.

Post subject: Re: The most Important Thing: Chapter 1
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:23 am 
Social Bunny
Social Bunny

Great story.

Post subject: Re: The most Important Thing: Chapter 1
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:54 am 
De-lurker

Its the true story of my Son

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]